I like my pasta like I like my men ~ mostly wholesome but with a little naughtiness thrown in. This recipe has all the healthy basics, but a dash of decadence is added to make it special!
- 1 box of whole wheat rotini
- 1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 carton mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded or grated
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rotini according to the instructions on the box.
- Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook mushrooms until they begin to turn brown, then add the spinach and cook until it is wilted.
- Once pasta is al dente and drained, stir in the mascarpone along with salt and pepper to taste. Add the vegetables and the parmesan, and stir until well mixed.