Enter requisite chili pun here.
Recipe from Milk Free Mom
- one 29 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- one 6 oz can tomato paste
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado, cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy soup pot over medium low heat. Add onions, and cook until soft and they start to turn brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the beans, stock, and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the quinoa.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes – 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until quinoa and potatoes are cooked and the chili has thickened. Add a bit of water if the chili becomes too thick for your liking. Top with avocado and chopped cilantro.