I’m too sated from these things to put effort into coming up with a funny intro…
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, blended with 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter in with a pastry blender or fork until pea-sized.
- Stir in cheddar and chives, then add buttermilk and 2 T water; knead gently just until blended.
- Mold dough into about 9 tennis ball-sized mounds.
- Brush tops with egg-water mix and bake until golden, about 25 minutes.